Why Digital Marketing Is the Future Of India?
As the world moves towards a more technologically driven, automated environment, it comes to no surprise that Digital marketing has attained the level of popularity it holds today. The rate at which new technologies, apps and devices have been introduced, have paved the way for the growth of digital marketing in the world, and in developing economies in particular. For India, a country with a very high internet penetration rate, digital marketing has indeed begun to overtake other traditional methods of marketing.
In India, many analysts have estimated that about 60% to 70% of the population use operate smartphones of either Android or iOS operating systems. The combination of the population’s accessibility to online marketing platforms aid digital marketers to develop strategies to reach their potential clients accurately.
Reasons For A Bright Future For Digital Marketing
- Part of the Government’s digitalization scheme: The central government of India, in recent years have focused more on digitizing the country on the whole. They have implemented many measures and directives over the past few years and actively participate in expediting the technology. Bhima, GST and UPI are just some of the known measures taken by the government to drive the company towards digitalization, which makes the environment ripe for digital marketing
- Global Market Penetration: The growth of digital marketing in India is part of a bigger change in the world, where traditional marketing methods are quickly being replaced by more modern substitutes. The growth of major market players such as Amazon, Alibaba Group, Club Factory and many others have paved the way for even smaller players to enter the digital marketing landscape.
- Cost of Operations: In India, many foreign companies find wage rates to be cheaper compared to other countries. This combined with a very strong English speaking educated work force makes India ideal for digital marketing companies to outsource There are a multitude of digital marketing service providers in India who adhere to strict international norms and have the certifications to deliver a high-quality output.
- Social Media Engagement: When it comes to social media engagement, the population of India ranks high. Indian users account for a major chunk of users in various social media sites such as Twitter and Facebook. This allows digital marketers to tap into various social media marketing strategies and PPC campaigns to get their message across in an efficient manner.
- Building an efficient Workforce: India, which has had an educated IT workforce for decades now have started refocusing on digital marketing training needs. There are several accredited institutions around the country, offering Google/Bing certified courses as well as other educational programs to an increasingly tech-savvy workforce. This gradual build-up of expertise certainly helps the prospects for digital marketing in India, in the future.
The 21st century has created a swift paradigm shift towards digitalization, which has peaked in recent years. In emerging economies like that of India, the time is right for digital marketing companies to succeed with the number of resources at their disposal.