Digital marketers are very important entities when it comes to marketing. Digital marketing is as important as any other form of marketing since a huge bulk of business and customers regulate online. Traffic can easily be regulated towards a target with the use of digital marketing techniques. They are also manifold cheaper than the usual marketing techniques- an affordable alternative.
There are several tasks that digital marketers are required to perform. Some of them have been briefly discussed below.
1. Social Media: Social media sites or social networking sites are highly vital for directing traffic to targeted websites. Few of the most revered social sites include Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram, Pinterest, Vine and Quora. A good digital marketer must always keep updated content on most of these sites, if not all. Blogs also help a lot and the marketer must take initiatives to invite reputed bloggers to share their opinions on the website.
2. Analytic: Its is very essential to keep track of analytics. Professionals must skim through data provided by tools like Google Analytics or Facebook Insights. Measuring search engine optimization (SEO) results, analysing e-commerce sales data and running reports to track growth are also few key analytical tasks.
3. Promotions: Promotional tasks may include publishing of contest pages and advertising those pages to attract people. More the traffic to such pages, more is the publicity of the targeted website. Promotion also includes distributing coupon codes, ordering premiums for hand outs and posting white papers on valid websites.
4. Email Marketing: Email marketing helps to distribute messages about the company in a personalised way. This sometimes acts very favourably. One must opt for an email marketing software vendor before starting the procedure. Then further work which involves designing of newsletters, their distribution, setting up of trigger emails and much more, carries on.
5. Advertising: Advertising digitally includes designing ad units, looking after Facebook Ad campaigns, signing up for affiliate programs, using Google AdWords, putting up ads on LinkedIn and buying ad space on quality websites.
6. Video: Promotion through videos is a great method to attract interested and potential customers. Some tasks include developing video content, writing scripts, creating keyword lists for tagging videos, writing appropriate descriptions and publishing the video content on quality websites as well as the company website.
7. Public Relations: Public relations may include, interacting through blogs and comments, following customers and observing their experience with the product or service, publishing press releases and submitting them through online wire services.
8. Website Management: The website of the company is the main target of digital marketers. The aim is to keep this website in the forefront and thus, to stay under the limelight, a quality website is highly essential. It can be improved by web graphics, blog posts and attractive images. An expert may take the initiative to edit web copy, fix broken links, install tracking codes and renew domains. For instance, internet marketing companies in Kolkata, Bengaluru, Mumbai and Chennai are increasingly creating ground breaking websites and promoting them at a greater pace.
Search Engine Optimization: This is a very delicate job and requires a good deal of precision. A digital marketer is required to develop keyword lists, name images appropriately on website, choosing anchor text for back links, distribution of articles to valid websites, listing the company website in quality directories online and writing content based on keywords.