Content marketing has evolved as a vital part of marketing strategies for all sizes of enterprises. It’s a well known fact that “content is the king”. Without a great and compelling content it’s very difficult to engage visitors to the website and convert them into leads.
Content marketing is a great way to improve a business’s online reach. One can expect amazing results with this type of marketing if it is done in a planned manner. For this you must have a proper marketing strategy.
Given below are five great ways to optimise your content marketing strategy so as to make it more effective:
1. Write down your strategy: This is the first step to get the best results from your content marketing strategy. A small document containing your content marketing goals and plans is better than having nothing at all. It has been found that marketers who don’t have a written strategy say content marketing is not an effective way.
2. Setting a specific goal for your content: One should have specific business goals for content. It should not be restricted to increasing the sales. Creating awareness of your brand, customer retention, etc. are some of the points which should be kept in mind while setting a goal.
3. Identification of key performance indicators (KPIs) to track performance: Tracking the performance of your content is a vital part of content marketing. It helps you to determine whether the planned strategies are able to meet your business goals. These indicators are different for different businesses. Some of the tracking indictors are given below:
- Tracking the website visitors: Tools like Google Analytics can be used to find the total number of website visitors via a particular piece of content.
- Bounce Rate: It indicates how long a visitor is spending on your website. If you find a high bounce rate, it means that your visitor is landing on your content and leaving your site instantly without browsing other pages of your website. This indicates that your content needs to be more compelling so as to engage a visitor for longer duration.
- Count of social shares: In order to find the best performing content, you need to find out which content has received the highest number of share on social media platforms. You can use that content as an example to understand your audience.
- Tracking inbound links earned: If you have high quality content, there is a high chance that your content would be shared and linked to other websites. This kind of natural link can be advantageous for your search engine optimisation without breaking Google’s Webmaster Guidelines.
4. Content marketing is not just about blog: Apart from blog there are different forms of content marketing which includes infographics,eBooks,vlogs, webinars,podcats and many more. These forms of content marketing must be a part of your strategy. Video is a popular form of visual content and is very easy to share. End-users love to engage with videos and hence the popularity of video continues to rise.
5. Be aware about changes in Google: One must keep track of the latest changes made by Google. This is to ensure that the content you are planning to publish are meeting the standard as set by Google.