When any business expands, the rapidly evolving digital world might seem to be quite daunting. In this sort of scenario, a well-planned digital marketing plan can accelerate the pace of your business growth. Thorough planning can enable you to grow your business by attracting high-quality traffic to your website and generating new prospects that have the potential to convert.
Let’s dive deep into the process of building a digital marketing strategy in just 4 steps; but first, let us look at the important aspects of online marketing.
The Foundations of Digital Marketing
Internet marketing may be divided into six major categories, which are:
- Search engine optimization:Through this process, a website becomes properly optimized for the search engines and tends to attract visitors organically by making certain changes.
- Content marketing: This aspect involved the creation and distribution of relevant information to attract, engage and retain a set of audiences.
- PPC advertising:Pay per click entails the use of internet advertisements where the advertisers are required to pay whenever a visitor clicks on one of their advertisements.
- Email marketing:This marketing strategy involves sending emails to new and existing customers in order to promote and nurture them.
- Social media marketing:The practice involves using different social media channels to promote any services or products to increase reach and engagement.
- Native advertising:Native advertising, often known as advertorials, is a form of digital commercial that closely imitates the journalistic content of the website or magazine it promotes.
Building A Digital Marketing Strategy
Since now you have the basic understanding of the many various kinds of digital marketing, it’s time to understand the elements of formulating a strategy.
Step 1: Determine your customer persona
The concept of a prospective client has been elevated to a whole other level recently and is no longer constrained within just age, demographics, gender and such other factors. Buyer personas are a phrase for the ideal consumer, which may be identified through researching and engaging a pre-defined targeted audience. Without determining who your ideal customer is, even the most successful marketing tactics will tend to fail.
Step 2: Make a list of your objectives and tools to use
Defining the objectives should be the highest priority while constructing a strategy because without that no plan will work. While it is important to put your objectives in line with those of your organization, you also need to ensure the objectives you created are realistic and measurable. For that, you can rely on the S.M.A.R.T approach to set your goals.
S.M.A.R.T stands for Specific, Measurable, Attainable, Relevant, Timely.
S.M.A.R.T goals can assist you in establishing key performance indicators or KPIs for your marketing strategies as well as helping you develop stronger milestones for your online marketing goals.
Step 3: Evaluate your existing digital marketing techniques
You must evaluate your current digital marketing technique if you would like to strengthen it. But to realize how to enhance your campaign, you must first comprehend how it works. For proper analysis, you need to check three different media including earned media, paid media and owned media.
Any free exposure you receive for your company is known earned media. It is the word-of-mouth generated by your branding and marketing activities. This media includes any published material or information about your business that was not created by you.
On the other hand, paid media, as the term implies, is any form of advertising that advertisers pay upon meeting certain conditions. The majority of the paid media consists of sponsored advertisements such as pay-per-click or PPC ads and different campaigns on various social media platforms.
Any media that your business possesses is considered owned media. Blogs, social media accounts, webpages, and any images you create come under this media.
Step 4: Considering Your Budget
Knowing how much you can invest and what tools you have for your strategy is critical when developing a digital marketing strategy. This classification guarantees that each technique has a limit and that you are aware of how much you can invest in each.
A well-planned digital marketing approach is critical to the success of your company. You can make your organisation focused on accomplishing your objectives in any circumstances if you have an online marketing strategy in existence.
Must Read: Why Digital Marketing is the Future of India